lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #21291] tcp_pcb_remove

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #21291] tcp_pcb_remove
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:40:44 +0000

Did you actually see an ACK being sent after receiving a RST or does this bug
item come from reading the code?

I tried to reproduce this bug and found the code is somewhat hard to read
there: tcp_pcb_remove only sends an ACK if TF_ACK_DELAY is set in pcb->flags.
But exactly that won't happen when receiving a RST because the flag is removed
in tcp_process when receiving a RST!

Nevertheless, in wireshark, I was seeing an ACK sent from my lwIP machine
after receiving a RST but that turned out to be the ACK for the FIN the
windows side sent before.

Could you please give some more information or test again? Otherwise, I'll
close this as invalid.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?21291>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/