lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27209] tcp_input discards frames even though they are

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27209] tcp_input discards frames even though they are within the announced window
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:32:32 +0000

Ultimately there are two possible solutions to this:

1) Continue to allow packets that are a little longer than the current window
to be received.  This is a good principle, as we've got the space to buffer it
(it's already buffered) and throwing it away would just waste the work done
already. To support this fully we'd have to convert rcv_wnd to signed
arithmetic, which would probably mean increasing it from a u16 to a s32, and
so use a little more space.

2) Trim any received packet that has some part out of the window so that we
ignore the "bad" bit.  This would ensure that tcp_wnd would never go out of
the range 0 -> TCP_WND, and so the rest of the code could be left as it is.

I'd welcome other peoples preferences.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27209>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/