lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27079] Yet another leak in PPP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27079] Yet another leak in PPP
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:47:50 +0000

Hmm, you're right that it is never deallocated, but since I cannot test it,
too, inserting a mem_free somewhere seems kind of risky.

Anyway, I think it is not deallocated as there is no function like
pppFinish().

pppMain, at the end of which you wanted to deallocate it, is the end of an
attempt to open a connection - through pppOpen. I doubt this is the correct
place to free it. I think the lack of mem_free is due to the lack of a
graceful shutdown of the complete lwIP stack. Therefore, I'd regard this one
as invalid...?

> Unfortunately, I can not test this since we do not use OS.

So you do not use PPP at all?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27079>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/