lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] http post and connection not closed problem

From: Stephane Lesage
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] http post and connection not closed problem
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:27:22 +0100

> from looking at your capture, it seems that neither bug
> #26672 nor the close/shutdown is your problem but rather a
> simple bug in tcp.h (which is fixed in CVS head, but for
> which I unfortunately didn't create an own bug entry).

Hi Simon,

Ok, I understand (pcb)->recv is set to null in close().
I updated to CVS head.
I looked at the tcp.h history and it seems that this bug has been around since
ages...

I'll try to reproduce my bug and see how lwip behaves with the fix.

It's not easy, because it can happen only after several hours.
>From preliminary investigation, it seems that read() returns a value <= 0
>before the end
of the http POST content, so I consider the connection closed.
I added more debug info in the response.
It may be an lwip bug or misconfiguration (recvmbox size ?)

--
Stéphane LESAGE
ATEIS International