lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #28605] Write can block when cable unplugged

From: Fabian Koch
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #28605] Write can block when cable unplugged
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 13:09:37 +0000

This scenario is basically an extension of the SNDLOWAT scenario. And in both
cases we want to send the APIMSG to signal to select() that the write_FD
should be reset because the next write() will block.

In that way it makes the select() a little better because it also reacts on
the sendqlen being full before it actually happens.

Still we don't want to really fail here because it still is a temporary
situation. when the cable is replugged and packets go out again (and get
acked), the sndqlen as well as the buffersize will drop and set the write_FD
again so that select() will show the socket writeable again.

The timeout I also want to implement here (as discussed on the mailinglist)
is a different scenario that should really fail. More on that on the ML until
I have an implementation ready to submit in the patchmanager here

btw: Version Number is 1.3.2-stable as one could deduce from my PS comment
:o)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28605>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/