lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] IP aliases

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] IP aliases
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:17:28 +0100

Małowidzki, Marek wrote:
Hi,
Could anyone confirm that currently LwIP does not support IP aliases?
If so, I think a workaround could be defining multiple IP interfaces correlated with the same hardware (Ethernet e.g.). Any other thoughts?
I would implement it like that. Although you might face minor problems with lwIP's routing algorithm (i.e. which netif is chosen for transmitting packets) when the two netifs are on the same subnet (the first netif in the list will be chosen) or when transmitting packets for another net (i.e. not on a subnet of one of the netifs - the default netif will be chosen).

Simon