lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #28798] IGMP "Max Response Time" processing bug

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #28798] IGMP "Max Response Time" processing bug
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:47:09 +0000

> For historic reasons, there was not LWIP_RAND() function, so it > was set
arbitrarily to maxresp/2.

> When we changed to use random delays inside igmp_start_timer(),
> we forgot the change the call to that function.

Oh, I didn't know that this was meant as "random". I thought it was rather a
question of safety to make sure the response arrives in time (due to latencies
or timer jitter) - by using a smaller value than the one provided. Only I
thought "half" was a bit too small.

What do you think, is using the supplied value OK or do we have to set the
timer lower than that?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28798>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/