lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated into the stack
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:20:10 +0000

My opinion is that if the value stored is the checksum for just the data in
the pbuf then it's fine to keep it in the pbuf.  If the value stored is the
checksum for the whole packet, it should be kept in whatever structure keeps
the metadata for the whole packet (e.g. tcp_seg).  If it's computed for each
pbuf separately that makes some things easier (e.g. resegmenting tcp_writes)
with only a small cost of summing the per-buffer values together when we need
to work out the whole packet.  I do want to make sure that we don't make the
pbuf structure any larger though, and Simon's suggestion should do that.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6849>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/