lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP Copyright

From: Jeff Barber
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP Copyright
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:46:50 -0400

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Bill Auerbach
<address@hidden> wrote:

> My understanding is that the copyright in the source(s) covers is 2001 to
> 2004 and anything added after 2004 is not covered in the copyright and
> therefore not explicitly copyrighted.  If there is an implicit copyright I
> don't know.  I have seen many many times "All rights reserved" added to the
> (c) and I don't see any reason not to add that too.

I can't speak to other countries' laws (and also IANAL), but in the
US, all works are automatically copyrighted by their authors when
they're published, whether they have an explicit copyright statement
of any kind or not.  See
http://www.bitlaw.com/copyright/obtaining.html#automatic

Jeff