lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] etharp.c updating

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] etharp.c updating
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:12:00 +0100

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 10:56 +0200, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:

> I'm curious where that 1 second drop-out comes from. I wouldn't have
> expected it to be that long....

It'll be a TCP RTO.  Fast retransmits will only happen if there is a
hole in the sequence space followed by valid packets that cause the
duplicate ACKs.  Without the following valid packets (you won't get them
in this case as the whole tail will be dropped when the ARP expires) you
won't get the duplicate ACKs and so you won't get the fast retransmit.
All that's left is the RTO, which is painfully slow.

Kieran