lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] How to run the unit tests?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] How to run the unit tests?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 21:14:35 +0200

narke wrote:
I want to run the unit tests in the 'check' directory,  I think some
autoconf configuration files are necessary but don't find it in the
source tree.
The check library or its configuration for your platform is not part of the lwIP CVS/git repository. You have to download and compile the check library for your platform. Once you've done that, you can compile lwIP's unit tests, link them against the check library and run them.

So far to the theory...

How you guys run the tests?  Thanks in advance.
...practically spoken, I haven't run lwIP's unit tests under a unix-like OS but used windows instead. As check did not seem to support MS Visual Studio (ever used autoconf from Visual Studio?), I created the missing files based on autoconf-results for other platforms and check them in to the contrib CVS at 'ports/win32/check' (there's already a vcproj file to compile check from the sources).

I've done all this some time ago and have been using check v0.9.8 since then, which still seems the latest version.

Simon