lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git

From: Wojciech A. Koszek
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:07:12 +0100

Dnia 28-07-2011 o 12:39:18 Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 12:23 +0100, Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:
Reconsider bringing this stuff as discussed with Simon above.

I've not yet seen a strong argument in favour of putting contrib into
the main lwIP repository.  Can you make one?

My arguments were present above.

I wanted to make lwIP similar to other projects:

        git clone <proj_repo>
        cd proj
        make

So basically:

- easily build lwIP with one top-level 'make' and quickly
  something that works.

- better code structure - one repo which we all know about

- ability to tweat CC/CFLAGS from top level makefile and
  letting it to propagate to apps+ports+lwip to see the size
  footprint for different combinations of settings

There's lots of libraries that come with example API usages.
I don't see anything wrong with that.

--
Wojciech A. Koszek
address@hidden