lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #25882] TCP hangs on MSS > pcb->snd_wnd

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #25882] TCP hangs on MSS > pcb->snd_wnd
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:36:25 +0000

Oh, I didn't mean 1 and 2 to be mutually exclusive, sorry if it read like
that.

Can you explain why the first wouldn't be accurate? I would have thought it
should even be enough to record the initial window included in the SYN to
calculate the maximum segment size...

2 is suboptimal, yes, but since 1 already takes care of splitting a full
window of data into at least 2 segments, a good TCP implementation should send
a delayed ACK before our timer triggers that forces us to do packet splitting.
Being like that, 2 should only be a minimal code change that prevents lwIP
from stalling in such a rare situation, even if it imposes extra work (i.e.
packet splitting and memcpy).

Of course, a better idea is always welcome, this is only the best I came up
with, so far :-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?25882>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/