lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #35928] BSD sockets functions must set errno for POSIX

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #35928] BSD sockets functions must set errno for POSIX-compliance
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 15:34:11 +0000

Update of bug #35928 (project lwip):

         Planned Release:                         => 1.5.0

Follow-up Comment #12:

Sorry for not getting round to this sooner.  It changes the port API and so
shouldn't be in 1.4.1.

Let's get it into the devel branch and it will then definitely be in 1.5

I would still like to get rid of the ERRNO define altogether if we can rather
than renaming it (and take the opportunity to clean this up) but that requires
understanding what it was there for in the first place, and at the moment I
don't have time to do that.

Ideally we should consider getting it down to be just:

 #ifndef set_errno
 #define set_errno(err) errno = (err)
 #endif

as in the original report.

As to your point that only the (old, unsupported) coldfire port setting ERRNO:
there are many other ports that haven't been officially donated to the
project, and so don't feature in the contrib module.  We have to consider
those too.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?35928>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/