lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Call nd6_reachability_hint for received packets

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Call nd6_reachability_hint for received packets
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:43:49 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Philipp,

The reason why reachability hints are implemented only in TCP is that in
order to mark a neighbour as REACHABLE we must have information of
bidirectional reachability. Receiving a packet tells us of reachability in
one direction, but does not guarantee reachability in the opposite
direction. The TCP ACK mechanism guarantees this. Of course, also does the
neighbor reachability detection part of ND.

Cheers
Ivan