lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #37552] IAR EWARM won't compile ppp-new due to key

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #37552] IAR EWARM won't compile ppp-new due to keyword clash
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 23:28:02 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 09:54:27AM -0700, Mark Lakata wrote:
> The old lwip (1.4) code I used originally did not have this problem,
> because 'PPP_MULTILINK' wasn't defined by default, and if it were,
> worse things would happen because 'struct epdisc' was never declared
> or defined. I'm not sure what ST did to make their STM32 demo
> code.... anyways, that is history.

If I remember correctly, I tried to remove epdisc if multilink is not
enabled, but the required work does not justify the 22 bytes memory
gain. Especially because go->neg_endpoint is used in several places in
lcp.c, often explicitely outside of the PPP_MULTILINK scope, there is
probably a very good reason to be done this way in pppd.

> extern "C" does not work (I tried it for fun). I'm compiling a cpp
> file that includes ppp.h and pppapi.h and somewhere it includes
> lcp.h, and 'class' is not allowed as a symbolic name.

Yeah, that was just a though, of course it does not work because extern
"C" only concerns symbols export.

Anyway, I pushed your patch in the git branch a few hours ago ;-)

Sylvain