lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #39340] Raw API changed regarding TCP connections

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #39340] Raw API changed regarding TCP connections closing
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 22:40:14 +0200

Bill,

As far as I know, connections are closed with RST if lwIP closes without ACKing all data...

Simon

Am 25.06.13 22:16, schrieb Bill Auerbach:

I think the documentation could be clearer in that normal closes use tcp-recv
and RST type closes use tcp_err and that both must be implemented to detect
connection closes.  What stung me is that I didn't know connections were
closing with RST since nothing is different (that I see) from the PC
application standpoint.

Might be nice to support a tcp_closed callback (complementing tcp_accept) to
signal a close, maybe passing recv_flags.  If tcp_closed is NULL, simply use
the current behavior.

Of course I wouldn't have posted had I known the connection was closing using
RST or was working normally. :-)

   <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?39340>

   Message sent via/by Savannah
   http://savannah.nongnu.org/