lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Sequential raw API

From: jack . watson
Subject: [lwip-devel] Sequential raw API
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:57:38 +0200

Hi,

I ported lwip-0.5.0 and lwip-1.4.1 to a bare metal platform. I have tested several packet drivers with the raw API by letting the httpd work on several systems. Everything is working and i try now to implement a sequential API on top of the raw one. I don't have any operating system and this is fine with the NO_SYS flag.

I implemented a basic sequential API by using the callbacks of the raw API to trigger events tested at the application level and then do the job that was done in the callbacks at application level. For the moment I implemented accept, receive and send data. Accept is working and sending data also (i needded to flush data with a tcp_output() call compared to the pure callback version). Receiving data also work a little bit but after a while, no more data is received and the lwip stack is not working any more. In receive stuff, the callback is just setting a flag to let the application level know that data is available on the connection, but when data is retreive outside of the callback, something goes wrong after several good receives.

So i tried to look in the archive and saw discussions about this kind of topic, so my questions are, is ther such and API existing somewhere ? And if no, is there a mean to let it work and any suggestion for the implementation.

I'd like to contrubute to lwip with this work if that makes sense.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,

Jack.