lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #38165] socket with mulicast

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #38165] socket with mulicast
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 20:44:23 +0000

> when close a socket which has already join a group, lwip MUST
> first leave this group then delete socket.

This is not a simple thing to do, as it would require to keep an array of
joined groups addresses/netif per socket (a pointer to the calling socket per
group does not work as multiple sockets can join the group).

As such, personally, I'd be happy with dropping this in favour for being
lightweight: I wouldn't expect lwIP to be used this way...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38165>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/