lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #13780] lcp_echo_interval maximum value

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #13780] lcp_echo_interval maximum value
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:45:44 +0000

Hi,

> if the LCP packets are only going back and forth over the serial link
between
> our target and the GPRS modem, we need no more to reduce them because we
were
> only trying to lower GPRS traffic.

Yeah, I was sure this is what you have in mind ;)

> I was wondering if at GPRS level there is some similar echo reply/request
> protocol to check the link

Indeed, that's a requirement for the handover handling in a GSM network,
those frames are of course not counted into your data usage.

> and if it is somewhat related to PPP/LCP...

Not that I am aware of. There is still an easy way to check if you
wish to be confident about that, check the TX activity of your GPRS
modem (they all have a GPIO you can configure to monitor TX burst),
and check its activity when LCP echo reply/request are being exchanged.

> P.S. Can you suggest me a good book on these topics? :)

Nope.

Sylvain

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?13780>

  Message sent via/by Savannah