lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8869] ppp: fix broken ppp_netif_output

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8869] ppp: fix broken ppp_netif_output
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 23:18:20 +0000

Update of patch #8869 (project lwip):

Follow-up Comment #3:

Hello Stephan,

I managed to reproduce the problem, you are totally right, CCP can
-successfully- choose to not compress, and in this case CCP is up but no
compressor is set.

Due to that, pcb->ccp_is_up flag adds no information at all,
pcb->ccp_transmit_method is assured to be false is pcb->ccp_is_up if false in
the CCP code, so I removed all pcb->ccp_is_up reference and added the missing
condition when pcb->ccp_transmit_method is null.

Sorry for your patch, the proper fix was a bit too far from your proposed
patch, but you found a real bug ;-), thank you very much :)

> Apart of VJ compression there is no further protocol type definition.
> To me, that would be a further bug, because in the case of supported
> and required MMPE the protocol type should be changed to PPP_COMP, or not?

VJ is not negotiated using CCP, if there is both VJ and CCP, VJ is
encapsulated into a CCP frame, in this case we have:

[PPP header][CCP header (PPP_COMP)][MPPE header][VJ header][TCP payload]

Sylvain

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8869>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/