lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] 6lowpan support in lwip

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] 6lowpan support in lwip
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 19:57:15 +0100

Ivan Delamer wrote:
I have done testing/development with Atmel ARM boards.

Have you tested your implementation against itself (2 instances) or against other products, too? I'm just starting to read up on 6lowpan and I'm slightly confused that you seem to have implemented only FRAG1/FRAGN encoding and it works...

Also, yet I failed to read from the RFCs which parts of the spec one needs to implement and which not. E.g. you don't have the mesh routing header implemented. Have you run your tests with or without encryption? When encryption is enabled, how do we calculate the max. fragment size?

How do you want to proceed with the code? Dirk just committed it since it doesn't hurt (the way he restructured the input path). Do you plan on continuing this? Is it OK if I give my 2 cent (e.g. splitting functions, adding comments, changing literals to defines, etc.) or should we review changes on savannah?

Simon