lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Fuzzing the lwIP stack

From: Erik Ekman
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Fuzzing the lwIP stack
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 17:10:29 +0200

On 15 June 2016 at 10:47, Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
Erik Ekman wrote:
> I have just commited a new app into lwip-contrib/ports/unix/fuzz that helps when
> testing the code for handling of unexpected input.
> It fits together with an advanced tool called afl or american fuzzy lop

That's really cool!

However, to emphasize the validity and usage, let's move this to the main repository
(where the unit tests are, too). After reading up on afl, it's clear I won't run
this on windows (seems like I do need to reactivate my linux VM :), however,
 being hidden in contrib seems to make these tests too optional :-)

Ok, go ahead.

I don't think you need to run it as often as the unit test, but it would be good to keep it compiling of course :)

/Erik