lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [lwip-commits] [SCM] lwIP - A Lightweight TCPIP stack b

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [lwip-commits] [SCM] lwIP - A Lightweight TCPIP stack branch, master, updated. 236bc194222b604f251cd86d4715cd05d9e40f94
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 11:50:14 +0200

Sylvain Rochet wrote:
>> fixed bug #48170 (patch by Fabian Koch)
>
> Woah, what a meaningful commit message. Especially given the bug report
> is verbose about the issue, you didn't have to write something new.

This is a private bug entry. Pasting its contents to git would make it public.
I guess we're not yet decided on how to handle things like that.

> In addition, you stole Fabian's authorship, even if you need to rebase
> the patch against master that's still not a good reason to steal
> authorship.

Oh please, I didn't have his email address lying around and having it now, I'm
not even sure
it would be OK to include it in the git log (it's a company's address, after
all).

Given the fact that we moved to git not too long ago and CVS didn't give the
option,
I don't really know where the problem is.

> More and more projects are now using Signed-off-by: tags in their commit
> message, in order to give credits to those who rebase and are doing
> small various changes but didn't write the initial diffset.

Honestly, I don't want credit for rebasing anything and I don't want to think
about this
at all. Patches coming in correctly to be applied including auther will be
applied
as-is, but I'm not willing to dig through mailing lists or whatever to find
original
authors. Unfortunately, savannah doesn't make it easy to find email addresses
and
I don't have my private mail client at hand all the time.

Simon