lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8882] Vector improvements

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8882] Vector improvements
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 00:42:58 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #18, patch #8882 (project lwip):

So I started working on part 2 (adding TCP support to netconn_send).  I came
across two issues with trying to use this API for TCP

0 No way to pass apiflags - I was able to work around this by reusing the
flags variable in struct netbuf.  This worked out nicely, because it allowed
me to remove the apiflags variable from struct api_msg.w.  So a net-zero for
adding/removing variables :)
0 No way to output bytes sent - I'm stuck here on this one.  netconn_send()
returns err_t, which isn't big enough to return the number of bytes sent

Other than the bytes sent, things are hooked up working.  Any ideas on how to
move forward with netconn_send or do we need another API that is TCP only
(wich takes a netbuf) and leave netconn_send as UDP/RAW?

I also had to introduce a static function which allows reuse of the logic in
netconn_write_partly() for setting up the message and invoking
lwip_netconn_do_write.  This leaves netconn_write_partly() simply translating
between data pointer and size into a netbuf and then calling the common
function

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8882>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/