lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9350] Sockets API: use OS's sys/socket.h instead of

From: Joan Lledó
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9350] Sockets API: use OS's sys/socket.h instead of lwip/sock
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 03:12:38 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #5, patch #9350 (project lwip):

> Do you really think? I thought we could just move all defines and
> typedefs to one region (which is left out in your case) and have
> the function definitions always included and it should work?

Yeah, it should work, what I meant is it doesn't allow the user to provide its
own sys/socket.h w/o changes in LwIP.

> And if you don't make it without changes, we should at least try to
> only require changing API files, not core files like ip.h

Well, that's an easier target. I wrote a new patch that creates a new header
and doesn't include it if LWIP_SYS_SOCKET is defined. The new header only
includes the items in the POSIX standard, so it works and pass the tests if
the user doesn't define LWIP_SYS_SOCKET, but the user has to remove manually
the other conflicting macros and structs if s/he defines it.

> We'd have to fix the odd implicit dependency from ip.h to sockets.h of
course.

I don't know how to do this. In the patch, the solution is a bit tricky: if
the user doesn't define LWIP_SYS_SOCKET, then the new header takes the values
from ip.h, otherwise, the dependency is inverted and ip.h is getting the
values from the OS's sys/socket.h. Any better idea?

(file #40766)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: 0001-Sockets-API-use-OS-s-sys-socket.h-instead-of-lwip-so.patch
Size:15 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9350>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/