lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #51154] ABC (Appropriate Byte Counting) fails to work

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #51154] ABC (Appropriate Byte Counting) fails to work with TCP_WND set to maximum.
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 16:55:22 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #51154 (project lwip):

Follow-up Comment #12:

Patch committed in 3eaf976152d781a195caa80cf1e1ed34de631c95. This fixes the
introduced regression in ABC changes

Simon,

I'm open to continuing the discussion on a better way to limit cwnd.  Another
thing I thought of was that our send window is also limited by TCP_SND_BUF,
which is what we are using to initialize ssthresh to get our "arbitrarily high
limit" recommended by the RFC.

The send window is going to be limited to the smallest of the following:
1) TCP_SND_BUF
2) snd_wnd_max (assuming empty window where snd_wnd == snd_wnd_max)
3) cwnd

So we could stop incrementing cwnd when it reaches TCP_SND_BUF, which should
ensure there is no rollover.  TCP_SND_BUF is a nice compile time constant,
though I know there was talk about implementing SO_SNDBUF, which would mean
the number could change during the pcb's lifetime

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?51154>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/