lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Sockets: select_waiting overflow

From: Joan Lledó
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Sockets: select_waiting overflow
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 22:48:14 +0200

Hi Simon,

It's not a different bug, I was explaining to Stian the problem I have
in my port, that leads to create hundreds of threads waiting in
lwip_select().

In particular, in my system, three threads are created for any
character the SSH server sends or receives, that is, hundreds of
threads may be created in a few seconds. Since lwip_select is called
with no timeout, these threads get locked and never return. Then, the
next event creates another three threads, and so on, until
select_waiting
overflows.