lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] TCP errors going from 1.4.1 to 2.0.3

From: Stian Skjelstad
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] TCP errors going from 1.4.1 to 2.0.3
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 16:30:43 +0100

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Bill Auerbach <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks to anyone who can comment,

My experience with using the raw API and very simple implementation. Do not call lwip API from interrupts, unless you add logic that lwip can disable interrupts in its critical parts. I had all kinds of fancy wierd things happening, especially around pbuf_free() calls. What I ended up doing for my interrupts, is that I put pbufs that are finished into a queue, that I push back into lwip from an idle function outside interrupt context.

Also possible is to do checkouts of lwip from git, and selecting "random" commit dates, to see from which date/commit lwip starts misbehaving for you.

--
Stian Skjelstad