lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #52315] Minor typo in output of MIB compiler

From: Mike Kleshov
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #52315] Minor typo in output of MIB compiler
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 05:39:04 -0500 (EST)

Update of bug #52315 (project lwip):

                Severity:              3 - Normal => 2 - Minor
             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #2:

There is more. Again, in output of the MIB compiler, there is the following:

   /*
   For easier processing and getting the next instance, you may use the
'snmp_next_oid_*' enumerator.
   Simply pass all known instance OID's to it and it returns the next valid
one:

   struct snmp_next_oid_state state;
   struct snmp_obj_id result_buf;
   snmp_next_oid_init(&state, row_oid->id, row_oid->len, result_buf,
LWIP_SNMP_OBJ_ID_LEN);

Apparently, LWIP_SNMP_OBJ_ID_LEN should be replaced by SNMP_MAX_OBJ_ID_LEN.
Besides LWIP_SNMP_OBJ_ID_LEN appears 3 times in snmp_core.c, always in
LWIP_ASSERT messages. They need to be changed to SNMP_MAX_OBJ_ID_LEN as well.
By the way, I found comments in code generated by the MIB compiler rather
cryptic for someone not so familiar with SNMP in general and this particular
implementation, especially when it comes to GETNEXT. If I come up with
something more descriptive, I'll let you know.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?52315>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/