lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [lwIP 2.0.3] IPV6 ND6 issue

From: Stian Skjelstad
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [lwIP 2.0.3] IPV6 ND6 issue
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 09:40:42 +0200

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Omar SAEED <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I'm using LWIP Stack with both IPV4 and IPV6 enabled,

The initialization flow is as below
  • xemac_add
    • netif_add
      • xaxiemacif_init
        • ethip6_output
          • nd6_get_next_hop_addr_or_queue
            • nd6_get_next_hop_entry
This last function nd6_get_next_hop_entry

calling the function nd6_get_next_hop_entry() is returning (Routing problem i.e. ERR_RTE) because the IP is not a linklocal IP and netif is not prefixed as a neighbor, So the function goes to selecting a router at the other "else" branch,

The function nd6_select_router() contain the comment (must implement ND6_OPTION_TYPE_ROUTE_INFO),

Can any one support at this point, I don't know really what is needed and if there is some #define need to be activated at "opt.h" or if there is a patch at the forum that I need to get.

xaxiemacif_init calls ethip6_output as part of initialization? What traffic does your initializer try to generate? I would recommend to add the device, configure it, then start to output traffic.

How is your device configured? Network address, router, where do you try to send your data?

Also note that link local addresses goes through DAD (duplicate adress detection) before they are available etc.

--

Stian