lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #51908] PPPOS uses PBUF_POOL in transmit pathway

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #51908] PPPOS uses PBUF_POOL in transmit pathway
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 09:50:32 -0400 (EDT)

> Also, remember that PBUF_POOL is reserver for RX only to not starve TCP if
it cannot receive ACKs any more. This cannot be the case here, as the buffer
is allocated and directly freed.

Agreed, the short lifetime of the PBUF_POOL won't cause RX starvation

> ...but I don't know if this is worth it...

Agreed, I originally brought the issue to the list because it was confusing
that we violated our own rule (PBUF_POOL is only for RX) but you've added some
comments explaining the situation, so hopefully future devs aren't confused

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?51908>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/