lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] TCP ACK - Bug or Acceptable Behavior

From: goldsimon
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] TCP ACK - Bug or Acceptable Behavior
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 20:22:58 +0200

jhinkle wrote:
> [..]  ESP is still waiting for data
>because
>it ignored the FIN on a retransmitted packet that it had already
>processed
>and ACK'd.

That can't really happen: lwIP processes segment numbers, not segments. And a
FIN consumes a segment number, so the segments are not the same.

>Is this behavior acceptable or a bug?

I'd guess it's a bug.

However, last time I checked, ESP has both an old and modified version of lwIP.
We can't start chasing bugs from a report solely found in their version.

If you can reproduce this on vanilla lwIP (2.1.0 rc1, ideally), I'd start to
investigate this...

Cheers,
Simon