lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #56280] lwIP DNS need to support CNAME Resource Re

From: Thompson, Jeff
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #56280] lwIP DNS need to support CNAME Resource Record
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 16:12:05 +0000

Chris,

Sorry, but I haven’t tried your solution. I wanted something that would work from the highest level, so I created the function function netconn_gethostCname(). Whereas our solution only changed dns.c., my changes are spread across several files, and are conditionalized with CNAME_HACK. If you call netconn_gethostCname( myHostname, myHostCname), Where myHostName is the URL for which you want the CNAME, and myHostCanem is where you want the result stored, it should work. For example:

hostCNameTask Looking up CName for '16662.lb.invue-am.com'

hostCNameTask CName 'dev-ir4-sso.invue-am.com'

Jeff Thompson  |  Senior Electrical Engineer-Firmware
+1 704 752 6513 x1394
www.invue.com