lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #60607] IP traffic "leaks" between netifs

From: Elias Reichart
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #60607] IP traffic "leaks" between netifs
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 05:42:26 -0400 (EDT)

Had a similar situation couple of years ago (see patch #9134).
We eventually switched to a different stack back then, but I would like to see
something like this in lwIP.
Multiple interfaces are rather common nowadays, and imho you would usually
prefer clear encapsulation.
TL;DR: 1 Up for interest in patchset.

[comment #2 comment #2:]
> At my work we use multiple interfaces for (physical) network redundancy and
we need hard separation between networks, both for incoming as well as
outgoing packets (in case peers are behind routers in different subnets and
standard routing may choose the wrong interface). We changed both incoming as
outgoing code paths to guarantee strict network separation.

> If there is enough interest I can ask permission to release the full
patchset for merging with upstream lwIP.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?60607>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/