lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #61653] PPP Netmask Changed

From: Ashley Duncan
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #61653] PPP Netmask Changed
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 16:59:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi Sylvain,

Quote:  "What do you mean by "the PPP link is configured for netmask
255.255.255.0"" - The Ublox WiFi module I am using is pre-configured by AT
commands before entering PPP mode.  These AT commands can set the PPP
client/server IP addresses and subnet mask.

It seems there is no IPCP option (in lwIP or the RFC documents) for setting
the clients subnet mask from the PPP server.  This makes sense in the fact
that it is a one to one connection so a subnet mask of 255.255.255.255 is
applicable.

I had made some assumption that I could send broadcast packets to the PPP
netif, and they would be relayed on the WiFi link as broadcast packets.

I guess I need to send the broadcast packets to the address range of the WiFi
link, not the PPP link.  Not a big deal, but requires some additional code to
bipass the use of the netifs IP address.

After some debugging, I found some minor issues with the PPP debugging code
which I have listed in a separate issue.

I don't believe lwIP is doing anything wrong, feel free to close this issue,
sorry for wasting time.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?61653>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/