lwip-members

[lwip-members] [patch #8724] Add multicast support to loopif

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-members] [patch #8724] Add multicast support to loopif
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 14:39:55 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #8724 (project lwip):

Thanks for the clarification, I understand.

Currently my WiFi netif management code does set the netif state (and IP
address assignment) according to the link state from the WIFi driver.  So if a
link down event arrives from WiFi driver, my application calls
netif_set_down(), netif_set_link_down() and dhcp_stop().

If I re-worked it to only manipulate the layer 2 link state, what would the
appropriate action be for the IP address?  If we were to continue to use that
netif for loopback communication, what would happen when the DHCP lease
eventually expires?  Would we still be allowed to send with an IP address of
0.0.0.0?

For my applications, having a separate netif for loopback is nice and is not a
heavyweight burden to support

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8724>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/