lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP, TCP works now here. Revised cs8900a drive

From: Horst Garnetzke
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP, TCP works now here. Revised cs8900a driver released.
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:02:19 -0000

Hello Leon,

address@hidden wrote:

> setting MEM_ALIGN to 2 helped for me.
>
> I think the MEM_ALIGN define is the memory
> access alignment needed for anything bigger
> than a byte. (correct me if I'm wrong).
>
> Our controller does have byte granularity
> memory access, but it may or may not be
> able to access 16-bit words on odd addresses.
> If it cannot, it was my stupid mistake not defining
> MEM_ALIGN correctly.

Caution!
MEM_ALIGN is a define used in Adam's lwip code. But it is not used
in generating the http pages with makefsdata in file fsdata.c!

In your last message you wrote

>>Of course, the error only occured on an odd-sized HTML
>>page, making the debugging worse :)

This failure happens independent of MEM_ALIGN! makefsdata is
a perl script generating file fsdata.c and didn't knows
anything about MEM_ALIGN - or I'm wrong?

/Horst

--
Horst Garnetzke                      address@hidden