lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Tcp - Retransmission of Fin

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Tcp - Retransmission of Fin
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:12:04 -0000

Hi!

On Thursday 07 February 2002 06.55, you wrote:
> When there is a retransmission the pcb->snd_nxt is updated from the the
> tcphdr->seqno (tcp_slowtmr function). It seems to me that in a
> retransmission of FIN , pcb->snd_nxt should be updated to tcphdr->seqno++.

snd_nxt keeps track of the next sequence number that should be sent. Since
the FIN is the last segment that is ever sent on a connection, snd_nxt isn't
used once the FIN has been acked. When the FIN is retransmitted, snd_nxt is
set to the sequence number of the FIN (since that now is the next segment to
be transmitted).

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>