lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] DHCP for lwIP

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] DHCP for lwIP
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:07:00 -0000

Hi!

Just wanted to report some success with porting the uDHCP client
[http://opensource.lineo.com/udhcp/index.html] to lwIP. I have not tested it
thuroughly, but so far it is possible to request an IP address from a DHCP
server over Ethernet. The ARP support had to be improved and other small
internal changes had to be made in the code for the DHCP client to work.

The uDHCP client is GPL software which means that there may be some licensing
issues if I include it in the main lwIP tree. I will have to look into that.
In any case, it will probably be avaliable as an add-on application.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.sics.se/~adam