lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] bug in pcb->queuelen?

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] bug in pcb->queuelen?
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:20:44 -0000

Hi Andrea!

On Friday 18 January 2002 15.44, you wrote:
> We encountered a problem: suddenly, the pcb->snd_queuelen counter in
> the tcp_receive() function (near the comment "Remove segment from the
> unacknowledged list if the incoming ACK acknowlegdes them") become 255.
> I'm quite sure there was one more decrement somewere.
> Any hint?

This may be the same bug that Kieran found some time ago
(http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/maillist/msg00338.html). The error happens
beacuse the pcb->snd_queuelen is not initialized correctly for outbound
connections.

This have been fixed in the current CVS code, so you should probably upgrade
to it. (I should really release a 0.5.1 version soon, since there have been a
few bugfixes since 0.5.0.)

> Another small issue: someone told me to test stacks using nmap command
> in Linux. I compiled lwIP for Mandrake 8.1 and kernel 2.4.16, I ran
> nmap and lwIP crash.

I have been running nmap against lwIP myself, but haven't been able to make
it crash. Could you please send some more information about what you had to
do to crash it!

Thanks,

/adam
--