lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] FTP Server

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] FTP Server
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:16:22 -0000

Hi!

On Tuesday 13 November 2001 08.53, you wrote:
> Does anyone know about a lightwieght open source FTP server that is
> possible to deploy over lwip without too much changes (assuming we have
> deployed the BSD socket layer on top of lwip and the we have a standard C
> file api)?

I haven't worked with it myself, but the troll-ftpd by TrollTech (open source
and freely avaliable from ftp.troll.no) seems quite simple. I just looked
through the source and it uses select() (which isn't implemented in the lwIP
socket library) but all socket stuff is fairly concentrated in the source so
it might not be too hard to completely replace it with the lwIP API. If you
are sending files out of RAM, you'd probably be better off with the lwIP API
in any case (in order to avoid unnecessary copying).

If you port an open source FTP server to lwIP, please keep me posted - I
wouldn't mind adding some ported applications to the lwIP homepage.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.sics.se/~adam