lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] New subscriber

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] New subscriber
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:10:38 -0000

Hi!

> I'm an Electrical Engineer from Brazil and i need to put TCP/IP in a 8051
> based system.
>
> I use a Conexant modem (RC224ATL) in X.25.

Hongsong Li has ported lwIP to the 8051 (with uC/OS 1.09), but the total code
size was fairly large (~40k for the TCP/IP code alone) and deemed it to be
only marginally useful because of that (see the mailing list archives,
"[lwip] lwIP ported to 8051 !").

Perhaps you should look at uIP [http://dunkels.com/adam/uip/] instead? It is
a less featureful TCP/IP stack than lwIP, but has a code footprint that is an
order of magnitude smaller than that of lwIP.

I have no experience with the Conexant modem, nor with X.25, but I would
assume that you are looking for a PPP implementation as well. lwIP does not
include PPP (nor does uIP for that matter). There has been some PPP talk on
this list, however.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>