lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Ethernet network interface driver skeleton

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Ethernet network interface driver skeleton
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:02:00 -0000

Hi!

In order to make it easier to write Ethernet device drivers for lwIP, I have
written a skeleton device driver that implements ARP processing, hashing IP
multicast addresses to MAC addresses, and broadcasts. The code can be found
in the CVS version that is avaliable for download from "Download" section of
the lwIP homepage. The code is in the file src/netif/ethernetif.c.

An example of how a finished device driver may look like can be found in the
file src/arch/unix/netif/tapif.c.

I have made a few other changes to other code as well; a macro,
"ip_addr_ismulticast" was added to the file src/include/ipv4/lwip/ip_addr.h
and the struct eth_addr was changed to six u8_ts instead of three u16_t.

Cheers,

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>