lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Using lwIP with CS8900A on Atmel 89C51

From: Bilal Muddassir
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Using lwIP with CS8900A on Atmel 89C51
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:40:20 -0000

Hello

I want to Ethernet-enable Atmel 89C51. I have the CS8900A driver code
written for lwIP by Leon Woestenberg.

1. I want to know if anyone has tried lwIP on 8051? What are the min/max
RAM/ROM requirements? It depends on the application so lets say a process
that would do the following:

  a. Wait for input from the keypad (udp client)
  b. Send out the number (cs8900a)
  c. Wait for input from the server application (udp server)

2. What C compiler should I use? Cost matters of course.

3. Can I code my application in assembly language and call the C based lwIP
and CS8900A functions from assembly?

Kindly share thoughts. Many thanks.

Yours, Bilal