lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] lwIP 0.5.2 under heavy use

From: James Roth
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] lwIP 0.5.2 under heavy use
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:31:40 -0000

Hi all,

    Has anyone done stress testing on lwip?  I've been using ab (the
apache benchmark tool) and nmap (port scanner) on my system.  I find
that the system survives several minutes of heavy scanning and web
trafic, but eventually runs out of resources (I think).  This is the
case even when I am connecting one connection at a time and properly
closing the socket.

    I use KROS RTOS on the Nios and the cs8900 driver.  The port is
nearly identical to the unixsim port, since KROS supports all of the
POSIX api calls used in unixsim.  My demo board puts out about 2
megabits/s via the web server app.

    Any hints?

--
James Roth