lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP on DSPs

From: Bill Knight
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP on DSPs
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:12:33 -0000

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:16:25 +0100, Adam Dunkels wrote:

>On Tuesday 11 December 2001 14.05, you wrote:
>> Congratulations!  And whoopee too.  I had to drop the port a couple
>> of weeks ago and go back to fixing a commercial stack because of
>> project time constraints.  Even at this point we only have UDP
>> working.  TCP is still producing incorrect checksums on received
>> packets.
>
>Did you go for the CMX stack? Weird that UDP works while TCP does not. They
>usually share the same checksumming functions.

Yes, we went with MicroNet from CMX.  The developer helped a lot in getting
me past a number of hurdles and we straightened out a number of 16 bit
char issues.  The show stopper that shut down the use of TCP is still
undetermined.  In addition to the corrected problems in the stack, I
also found the compiler generating incorrect code.  The instance I could
identify was bypassed by backing off on the optimization level.  At
this point I don't know exactly where the problem with incoming TCP
checksums is.  it could be the code, it could be the compiler - I just don't
know.

-Bill