lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwip

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwip
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:02:12 -0000

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, ERIC MAHLAKO wrote:

> I want to know if ever I want to use the LWip to
> receive and transmit data do I have to run
> simhost,simrouter and simnode in Linux machane.
>
> Can anyone explain to me how to use the LwIP stack in
> linux machine and what are these simhost,simrouter and
> simnode.

Simhost, simroute, simnode are all just demo programs.  You don't need to
run them other than for your own amusement.

Put simply, you need to do the following.  To use lwip, compile it, and
then when compiling the program you want to use it, link against the
lwip library.  Then, when you run your program, it should use lwip.

Hope that helps.

Kieran