lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Small bug in lwIP 0.5.3 with PACK_STRUCT_xxx

From: Konrad, Guido
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Small bug in lwIP 0.5.3 with PACK_STRUCT_xxx
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:37:20 -0000

Compiling the code 0.5.3 I've found that there are missing PACK_STRUCT_BEGIN
and PACK_STRUCT_END identifiers for the following structures:
eth_hdr, eth_addr, ip_hdr, tcp_hdr, icmp_echo_hdr, icmp_dur_hdr,
icmp_te_hdr.

For convenience I would appreciate a small modification: My ARM compiler
(ARM Developer Suite 1.1) generates an error if packed structure pointers
are casted implicitly to (void*). So what I must do is to cast every pointer
explicitly to (void*), e.g.     "p->payload = (void*)iphdr;" or
"if(inet_chksum((void*)iphdr, hl * 4).. ". Is it possible for some of the
next releases to put these castings in the code. It would be no problem for
me to send all the occurences.

Regards
  -- Guido Konrad