lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] ARP requests from LwIP side

From: Rajaraman Krishnan
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] ARP requests from LwIP side
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:34:38 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C1B30A.61E188E0

I had sent a mail yesterday describing the problems I was having when =
running a TCP client on the LwIP side and a TCP server side on Linux =
stack talking over a TAP/TUN interface.

I studied that problem some more. I think the latter problem (TCP =
enqueue failure) was because of the previous problem of ARP failure. =
When I ran tcpdump I noticed that the ARP packets sent by the LwIP side =
had bad addresses in it. When I traced the functions I noticed the =
comment in arp_query() function in arp.c saying "This is not =
implemented".

So is ARP request from the LwIP side not implemented? Is that the reason =
why I see bad addresses in the ARP request when I run tcpdump? Is there =
some way to make this work?

Thanks,

Rajaram

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C1B30A.61E188E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I had sent a mail yesterday describing =
the problems=20
I was having when running a TCP client on the LwIP side and a TCP server =
side on=20
Linux stack talking over a TAP/TUN interface.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I studied that problem some more. I =
think the=20
latter problem (TCP enqueue failure) was because of the previous problem =
of ARP=20
failure. When I ran tcpdump I noticed that the ARP packets sent by the =
LwIP side=20
had bad addresses in it. When I traced the functions I noticed the =
comment in=20
arp_query() function in arp.c saying "This is not =
implemented".</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So is ARP request from the LwIP side =
not=20
implemented? Is that the reason why I see bad addresses in the ARP =
request when=20
I run tcpdump? Is there some way to make this work?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rajaram</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C1B30A.61E188E0--